Saturday, December 31, 2016

Listen to My NEW Podcast!

I decided about a week ago that I should start a podcast. There is a story as to why, of course, but I think I will save the story for later. (It will make good podcast material!) A large part of it is that I am having issues with my hand that make it SUPER-hard for me to type, and I am not yet finished sharing stories from my life to help strengthen the faith-life of others. (More on the hand issue after I visit a doctor.) 

With the idea of podcasting in mind, I went to Fiverr and commissioned an iTunes cover to be made for my cast and then I got to writing my first episode. I also purchased a cheap desktop microphone because my USB headset makes my voice sound "tinny." I know. I should not be spending money on equipment for a podcast I am giving away for free. But hopefully people will like my content and want to help me out with a buck or two a month to help keep me going. At least, that is my hope!

Before I continue, let me show you the iTunes cover I got back from my Fiverr purchase. It is really good! I am so pleased with it!! (Feel free to forward to your friends.)

 Click to visit!

Listen to the episodes at http://www.patreon.com/bethdurkee or subscribe/follow free on iTunes.
(Only the free episodes will be available on iTunes.)


What do you think? Nice, huh? Yeah, that is what I think, too.

I call episode 1 "Ask According to His Will." It will air tomorrow for everyone, both my sponsors (that I don't yet have) and all the as-yet non-existent subscribers to/followers of my free iTunes channel. After the first episode, though, I intend to post on the 2nd and 16th of the month. (Of course, my sponsors will get to listen a day early as a benefit for their pledges. I think that is only fair. Don't you?)

For you, though, my faithful blog readers for so many years, I have a special sneak peek of a portion of episode 1. I do hope you will find it interesting enough to listen to the episode and subscribe. In it, I tell a short story from my youth, which I then support by Scripture, followed by an answer to a question I received that I share anonymously with listeners.

I guess that is all for today, so until my podcast tomorrow morning, I shall bid you adieu.

[excerpt]

My neighborhood was NOT safe for little girls to be walking alone.

But the Lord loves children and He must really have been watching over me while I was seeking Him because little 6th grade me, I was walking 2 miles by myself each way to and from church every single morning along a busy road in the suburbs of Chicago during the era of John Wayne Gacy – and I stayed safe all summer long.

But that’s not what this story is about.


What I’m trying to get to is a prayer that I made. It was on one of these walks to and from church during that summer. I was alone except for the Holy Spirit who was clearly watching over me, and for some reason – I don’t know, maybe because of the sermon I’d just heard, but I really don’t remember. For some reason, I reflected that if there was one thing I wanted for my life it was to leave people better for having known me....

No comments:

Post a Comment