Monday, March 12, 2012

Video Progress of my Project House

Anne went on an overnight field trip with her school Band on Friday, so I headed up to my project house to meet my roofer, Larry, and see what he had accomplished in the three days since my mom hired him to replace my roof. The progress was amazing! I happened to have remembered to bring my video camera with me, so I recorded the following video clips to show my readers what I am talking about when I discuss my "project house."

Video 1 is of the outside of the house:


Video 2 is of the kitchen.

Now before you think what a horrible and unlivable room it is, remember that I got the house for SUPER cheap. Also know that an awful lot of work has already gone into the kitchen and it is really a lot closer to being finished than it looks. When I bought the house, there was ONE kitchen cabinet, the sink base, and it was all rotten from a water leak on the inside. There is no leak now. There is now a row of lower cabinets (upper cabinets go in this weekend). Most of the electricity did not work, except for the bare wires sticking up out of the floor. (That means there was no light.) The gas for the stove was buried under a particle board patch on the floor. There was no stove, of course. There was also no fridge, not that there would have been a place to plug it in. Ceramic tiles were glued right down onto the hardwood floor, in patches, and were breaking off of it. There were big holes in the ceiling and walls, including a long seam in one wall between where the plaster wall met new drywall. The seam is now patched and so are the holes that will show after the upper cabinets are installed.

So the kitchen may look pretty bad right now, but it has really come quite a long way and is almost finished. At the end of this coming weekend, it should look remarkably better than what it does now.

Here is video 2:


Alright. One more video. This is a short one, but I could not resist. Snickers, my faithful guard dog knows by now that this house is his territory. Short but fierce, he has discovered a peering hole in the glass of what was originally my front door. (It now opens out onto a rail-enclosed porch. This few-second clip is of Snickers watchfully guarding the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment