Monday, August 31, 2015

War

Have you ever had a project where things seem to just not work?

Seriously, I am going nuts with this cans-tle project. It was intended to be an affordable and easy way to gather public attention for my historical fantasy e-series. I figured a castle made of soda cans... get people to donate their used soda cans, glue them together... Voila! Castle. Put it in my front yard, which is right on a business route, and draw some attention. Maybe get into the local newspaper or something. No Prob!

Not so easy. But I have to laugh a little. This is funny in a pathetic kind of way. (I know I am not
really this pathetic!) Do you remember my recent post when the castle walls fell down and split apart? Well, I fixed them with the help of my daughter. We glued them together more securely and then I drove her down to school for the semester.

Cockeyed, not flat
When I got back, I stood the tower wall back up and discovered my securely glued walls were reattached together cockeyed. (Sigh.) I can't get them apart to re-glue them so I just stood them up again and smushed some things next to them to hold them up. (The castle must stand or the project is a bust.) I also posed the question of how to remedy the new problem to my dad and brother-in-law, the family engineers. (I have yet to hear their answers.)

Life went on for a few days as I recovered from my long drive to drop Anne off at school. Yesterday, the castle fell over again. Believe it or not, it fell right over the things I had put next to it to keep it standing. My roommate and I joked that enemy soldiers had attacked the castle and knocked down a tower wall. But the castle's defenders (meaning us) rallied and repaired the tower wall forthwith. It was quite exciting in our imaginations. In reality, I stood the walls back up, we popped out what dents we could from the cans, and I moved it next to a wall of the house where it would not be so easy for the wind to push it over. Then I put the things that had been holding it up where they would do the most good.

Today, I am feeling better and the weather is supposed to get to the high 70's (25.56 C), so I figured I would wash up some more cans while the weather is nice. But when I woke up and came downstairs, my roommate -announced, "We had another attack on the castle last night."



Good news: I can now align a portion of the cockeyed walls.

Bad news: Apparently, we are at war.


6 comments:

  1. very interesting ill put my head together and will come up with ideas and think about ways to get it to go right for you <3 give me a few days so far came up with bricks but you said wont work only for surface so let me think
    it will come right you'll see I wish I was there to help you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sorcha! I can use as many ideas as people are willing to offer, and am looking forward to yours.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HOW+TO+MAKE+A+CASTLE+FROM+CANS&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCEQsARqFQoTCK-q4YK61McCFYg3FAod30oOfw&biw=1280&bih=677

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Model-Castle

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Thanks for the links. :-) It is good to know I am not the only "crazy" person out there!

    ReplyDelete