Tuesday, September 10, 2013

More Stories Coming Soon

Hello to all my faithful readers and any new readers who may have recently found me. Long time no write. This is just a quick note to let you all know that you are not forgotten. I do plan to post new articles soon. I am just in the middle of a bunch of things right now and am having trouble writing for this blog.

THE EXCUSES
(Don't you just hate a complainer?)

1. I have this "pro se" (means I am doing it myself) lawsuit I have filed against that person who conned me out of money I cannot afford to pay my credit card. (If I could, I might just save myself the heartache, pay it, then re-learn my lesson about lending money to supposed "friends.")  It is a living nightmare. (The woman should be sued. Oh, wait. That is what I am doing.)

I cannot write much on this topic until there is a resolution, but you can see the little I have already written here: http://awritersblot.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-long-con.html

2. I have started a new blog, which requires some attention as it is an advice column of sorts for those "standing" for marriage restoration. Find it here: http://standingjournal.blogspot.com/

The new blog comes with a video segment, posted to Youtube, that takes considerably more time to create than it takes to watch. The experience of filming it leads me to wonder how soap operas produce such long shows on a daily basis.

3. I am looking for a job through an employment agency. (Disabled or not, I have bills to pay and I like to eat every day.) I am having considerable difficulty finding an open position I can adequately perform and that an employer will hire me to do.

4. On top of all that (as if it weren't enough), my computer is having power issues. At first, I thought my power cord was broken (again) and I bought a new one. But I just got the new cord in the mail yesterday and I am still having the same problem. Now I know what the problem must be (well, one of the problems):

I use an old laptop (I cannot afford a desktop) and I must have bumped it because the power cord does not charge the machine unless I hold it in the plug in just such a way. If I had any money, I would either have it fixed or buy a new computer... Ah, for the good old days when my husband was around to open up the case and fiddle with the insides of my laptop to make it right again.

BOTTOM LINE

The above are my excuses for not writing recently. There are always excuses to avoid things that consume time and pay nothing, but rest assured that there should be some more stories coming soon. I am thinking of this blog and I do still owe its readers at least one story about driving my daughter down to her university for the Fall semester. So keep checking back from time to time (or just subscribe so that new posts will show up in your feed). Here is a photo from our long drive to whet your appetite for my next short tale:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment