Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Fresh Beginning (part 3)

So far, we have met "M," "R," "B," and "C." We had one unpleasant interaction with a younger man who talked about his "package" WAY too soon and we let go of "C" almost right away because he was lying about being a U.S. soldier deployed overseas. (As a former U. S. Army wife, I have quite a few incensed comments regarding this pretender. Note: I reported him to Match.com and then saw that "C' later checked out my profile under a new user ID.)

Day 5 came and lo! "M" finally sent me his promised response... and I got a response from "D," one of the interesting widowers -- this one in Chicago (a 5-6 hour drive away) and a Ph. D. Yay!! He gave me his personal email address, too. I felt like a kid in a candy store! I also began to feel overwhelmed. So I took down my profile. All I needed to do now was choose which one I wanted to keep. Right? Wrong.

On Day 6, "M" asked me if I was talking to other men. He said it was okay with him. He just wanted to know. Well, duh. I did not say this but Match.com is a dating site and I had just joined. I had not yet had time to build a relationship with anyone, so of course I was still talking to the few men I had touched base with. What I did say was that I had just hidden my profile and that I was talking to one other man. (I was only counting "D.")

"B" messaged me first thing in the morning. That was nice but, as previously mentioned, he was not really what I was looking for. Still, I intended to give him a fair shot. After all, I did not know him or his situation, and it was nice that he emailed me first thing in the morning. So I responded. He answered right after work. He seemed nice.

"D" and I exchanged email. He seemed nice. I was excited to learn more about him... that is, until day 7. Day 7 requires a post of its own.

-- To Be Continued --

No comments:

Post a Comment