Saturday, March 26, 2011

Not Famous?

Thursday afternoon, Anne and I had a late appointment with our Chiropractor. In his office, I asked how he felt about bumper stickers. (I hoped to persuade him to put one of mine on his car.) He was not interested.

After our appointment, we were just about to leave when one of the massage therapists came into the waiting room. Anne and I were playfully quibbling about my bumper stickers as we walked toward the door, but I paused when I saw the massage therapist to quickly comment, "How do you feel about bumper stickers?"

Her response was not unfavorable, so I paused a little longer to put in a good word for myself. I kind of got a little caught up in talking, as I sometimes do, and I launched into the story about the Cici's Pizza worker.

The massage therapist's response was, "Alright! Locally FAMOUS!"

[Yes! Recognition in front of Anne at last! You should have seen the huge grin that spread over my entire face when the therapist said that word, famous.]

Anne, standing right next to me, immediately exclaimed, "No!! NOT famous!" She turned her back on us to walk directly out the door, all the while muttering, "No, no, no! NOT famous."

I followed Anne, grin plastered on my face from ear to ear. On the other side of the door, she stopped to shake her finger at me as she adamantly declared, "You are NOT famous!"

All I had to say to that was, "Yet."

Anne just rolled her eyes, sighed and continued to the car. . . . What is it with teenagers and their eye rolling?

No comments:

Post a Comment