Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More progress on the project house

The last couple of weeks have been mildly busy for me. After three weeks of preparation, I finally delivered my Toastmasters "Tall Tale Competition" speech. It ran a few seconds too long and I did not move on to the next round. (Reminder to self: Make sure to include several extra seconds for people's laughter.) Unfortunately, my camera did not start recording when I pressed the button. So I did the speech again after the meeting for you to see my final product, if you are interested. It is here:
 
 
Looking at myself on video, I decided I needed to go on a diet before attending Darryl Markette's 2013 Pinko de Mayo fundraiser concert. I am not sure yet if I will go, but I know I WON'Tgo if I don't drop a few pounds. So I paid for a 3-month membership to a diet website. (I have lost roughly 10 pounds now... and most people cannot tell. But my pants are now a little looser, so I am happy.)
 
Then, the weekend before Easter, my parents and nephew came to help me install laminate flooring in my project house. I have been living in it and walking on luan (like a thin plywood) since July, so the installation of flooring is very welcome. My brother and his wife surprised us all at the last minute and joined us for half of Saturday. That was really good because many hands make light work and we got a LOT done that day!
 
Somehow, I sprained my ankle on Sunday after church. (I got to introduce my dad to my pastor... who did not remember the meeting when I saw him on Thursday and mentioned it. LOL Poor old guy.) I'm not sure if my ankle got sprained before or after the service, but it was sometime in the morning because by the time we ate lunch (out -- totally BREAKING my diet), I was hobbling. My nephew went home on Sunday evening and my parents worked with me on Monday until a little after noon. Mom also drove me to the chiropracter to adjust my ankle on Monday morning. It started feeling better very quickly.
 
Here is what we did.
 
 
Living Room
Kitchen
  Still some work to do but do you remember what it looked like when I bought it?
 
 
 
BIG progress. Huh??
 
By Tuesday, my ankle was feeling so much better that I over-exerted it and sprained it again. I suffered all that day and the next, hoping it would get better but it didn't and I was having a lot of trouble getting around my house, especially with only my little dog to help me. So I went back to the chiropractor on Thursday and he fixed it again. (Thank goodness!) I nursed it through Easter weekend and it feels much better now.
 
Yesterday, I got a touch of Spring Fever and bought some flower seeds and garden tools. Note that the temperature outside yesterday was 29 degrees F (-1 C). But... It was April 1st! That means Spring is here, no matter what the temperature. It also means my birthday is upcoming. (I will be 21 again.) My friend, Shawn, is having a birthday on the 7th, two days before mine, so we are trying to decide what to do for OUR birthday.
 
I will try to let you all know if we make up our minds. Meanwhile, I am working on another Tall Tale. That first one was FUN! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment