Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dreams of a Castle

It seems to have a while since I posted anything new. Over the past few weeks, I won my court case by default, docketed the debt and sent an execution order to the county sheriff, received a death threat as a result, reported it to the police (just for recording), secured a part-time job at a fast food restaurant, mailed a pickle to my daughter at her university dormitory (baby dill), bought and read half of two books about writing a book, and began writing again on The Legend of Lord Randall Castle that I put down about a year ago. So far, I have written another 2,000 words on the story. At this rate, I should finish in about... oh... 47 more years and be... mmm... about 21 years old.

Watch out, fame and fortune, here I come!

I have also been talking quite a bit to the man who is building my castle or, rather, "Lord Randall Castle." (It is not really mine or a castle. It is more of a very large, windowless, storage building that I dubbed a castle when it had an accidental moat before the footers had been backfilled. The fun thing is that my friend who is building it is actually helping me pretend it is a castle by planning to add a top floor with windows, a catwalk and turrets. Yes, real turrets. Isn't that FUN?! I very much enjoy people who facilitate my dreamy-eyed delirium, therefore we have been talking quite a bit as the building of our castle progresses.)

Floor one of the castle is just about finished after two summers of non-stop building. I had better get cracking on my story about it! Every good castle needs at least one legend. On the other hand, my computer's circuit board is cracked (surmised by my engineer friend) and writing on it has become more and more challenging through the course of time. Ah, challenges. What would life be without them? Probably very boring.

You have already read my story's prologue [CLICK HERE] (which has been modified only a very little). Would you like a sneak peak of its awesome new cover? It was done by cover artist Emily Lam in anticipation of finishing the story sometime soon. Here it is!


Looking at the book cover is really inspirational because it makes me want to read it. I already know but I wonder what happened inside that castle. Don't you? Can you guess the genre? Yes, I am branching out into Historical Fantasy. Let me write a little more and I will try to give you a "sneak peak" of what is to come.

Till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment