Thursday, November 20, 2014

Character Interview: Blinkifizz

Today we interview Blinkifizz, Alyssa's and Andy's mother. Known affectionately as "momma," Blinkifizz spends her days splitting homeschooling duties with the other hobgoblin parents  residing in Lord Randall Castle. For relaxation, she enjoys gardening and cuddling with her husband, Carkigo.

Reporter: Blinkifizz, the bedtime story you tell your children seems to be some kind of a fairy tale but it is not one I have ever heard of. Can you tell me, where did you find it?
Blinkifizz: My parents told it to my siblings and me when we were young.

Reporter: Alright. But where did they find it? Was it in an old book of fairy tales or something?
Blinkifizz: This story is not in a book. It has been passed down by word of mouth for generations upon generations of my family.

Reporter: So are you saying that one of your ancestors made it up?
Blinkifizz: No. Nobody made it up. It just happened and the story of it has been passed through the generations. It is part of our family history. The Keeper can tell you. He was there.

Reporter: The Keeper was there? But this is 2014. Isn't the story set in 924?
Blinkifizz: Yes and yes.

Reporter: That doesn't make sense. Nobody is that old.
Blinkifizz: Yes, it does and yes, the Keeper is. But you have to listen until the end of the story to find out how and why. I don't give spoilers.

Reporter: Alright, then. No spoilers. Can you answer why nobody I know has ever heard the story?
Blinkifizz: Well, how many hobgoblins do you know, other than me? [Reporter shakes head in response.] Faeries? Pixies? Gnomes? Unicorns? Werewolves? [Reporter shakes head after each magical creature.] I think you have just answered your own question. You know no magical creatures. Of course you have never heard the story of the castle. It is only passed through the generations of magic-kind.

Reporter: What do you mean? If it happened for real and it involved human beings, it would be in our history books.
Blinkifizz: Not necessarily, but remember that I am not giving spoilers. I will give you this: Is there a King Charles castle in the archipelago of Scilly? Yes, and who was it named after? There is no non-magical history of its namesake. Furthermore, have you ever heard stories of dragons? Likely, but has anyone you know of ever discovered dragon bones? Haven't heard of it. Plus, I am here talking to you today direct from Lord Randall Castle, but have you ever been able to locate the castle on a map? Of course not.

Reporter: Wait. You live in Lord Randall Castle? Like the legend in the story you are telling?
Binkifizz: Darn! I didn't want to give you any spoilers. We had better end the interview before I accidentally give any more.

Reporter: Alright, but can you please just tell us one more thing? We interviewed Darragh yesterday and he does not seem as wonderful as the princess believes. Please just tell us: Do they get married after they escape?
Blinkifizz: I would love to tell you that. Please come back and listen to me tell some more of the story for your answer.

Reporter: [sighs] Alright. I get it: No spoilers. Thank you, Blinkifizz, for taking time for our interview. It was a pleasure learning more about you.
Blinkifizz: Thank you for having me. I'm sorry I could not be more helpful, but trust me when I say it will be worth it in the end.

Come back tomorrow for a sneak peek inside Spellbound Souvenir, book two in The Legend of Lord Randall Castle.
     
Discover Blinkifizz in Engaging Enchantment by Beth Durkee. Available exclusively from Amazon. (Kindle Unlimited Lending Library eligible book.)


*****
Have you joined my blog subscribers? The links are in the right sidebar. --> -->
Readers can subscribe to posts or follow by email. Never miss a new post. Join today!
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment