Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Fresh Beginning (part 2)

11 potential matches found, I sent "winks" to all of them. I then VERY excitedly began waiting for their replies.

I got one return wink and one message. Okay, two out of eleven? I guessed that was okay considering that both of them were perfect on paper. Now all I needed to do was see if I liked their personalities. So I messaged both of them.

Only one responded to my message -- and he was in New Orleans (1200 miles away). Still, I was happy because it felt good to be starting a new phase in my relationship-life. I messaged him and we started to converse. "M" sent me two brief messages that first full day and I responded with two.

The next day, day 3, "M" sent me a message saying he was busy with work and would respond to me soon. (Sigh.) Good news though. I got two winks from other men. I responded with emails to them. I also decided to send some messages, rather than just winks, to my unresponsive widowers.

The men who winked  at me did not respond to my messages. (So what was the point of them winking, I wonder?) But one of the widowers did. I excitedly opened his message to see what he said and begin a new conversation. It was just an answer. There was nothing else. I felt completely shut down.

But someone "online now" sent me a chat request. [How exciting!] I quickly found his profile and skimmed it. He was 8 years younger than I BUT lived within driving distance of me, so I said okay to the chat. We talked for about half a minute before he mentioned his "package." I dropped the conversation instantly. I am NOT looking for an easy lay nor am I interested in strange men's "junk." Sorry, little boy. When he tried to initiate another chat, I declined.

The 4th day, I was on the site again to see if "M" had responded and to look at profiles. "M" did not message me but somebody else did! It was from a new guy altogether, named "B." He did not have the education level that I wanted, was divorced and a little older than I wanted BUT he was local. So I answered and we wound up exchanging a couple of messages during the day.

A new guy, "C," also winked at me. I checked him out and found out he was not educated but was military and his duty station was in my State. I responded to his wink. But then I found him online on the chat section and chatted with him for a while. His connection was poor and kept cutting out so I asked something, I don't remember what, and he said he was currently deployed to the middle East. A former Army-wife, myself, I suggested we exchange email addresses. Then, when he claimed he had to go to work, I sent him an email to receive at the end of his day. He responded about an hour later with a long letter. Now this is no joke but he, claiming to be an American soldier with 25 years under his belt, told me that he had only ever had three duty stations, the first of which was Afghanistan. (Afghanistan? 25 years ago?) He also said that he allowed his son, whose mother was dead, to live with a caretaker in Ghana. Plus his written English was horrible. The spelling was fine, but the syntax! Argh. My children wrote better when they were in middle school. (Not kidding.) Umm... Yeah. I stopped emailing him instantly. I am not interested in becoming a phishing victim.

Still, he was just one guy. I still felt so good about my "success" at having men interested in me that I went to the "online now" section of the site and initiated a chat with a man we will call "R." "R" turns out to be a nice guy from a couple of hundred miles away, educated, age appropriate and never married. After our chat, he messaged me and I responded. We also began to correspond.

-- To Be Continued --

No comments:

Post a Comment