Friday, February 5, 2016

San Antonio Riverwalk Boat Tour

The San Antonio River Walk, photo by Beth Durkee



After our lunch at Casa Rio, Anne and I asked our waitress where we could buy tickets for a boat tour. She told us to just walk out the side door and along the river to the right until we came to a ticket booth. We walked out of the side door, as instructed and I just had to take a picture for the blog.

We walked about half a block, I guess. It is hard to judge when there are no real street intersections. But we did have to walk under a bridge, so I guess that counts as an intersection. Our tickets cost $8.25 each.



Then we had to wait in line.











Here we are waiting in line in the beautiful, warm Christmas-time weather. (I seriously need to start selling some books so that we can make this an annual tradition!)


Keep in mind how much we had been eating over the past week, and that the camera adds at least ten pounds!


Lucky for us, there were plenty of boats and boat drivers to accommodate the Christmas-time tourists. Despite that huge, long line, the wait for the half-hour boat ride was only 25 minutes.









After an enjoyable wait in the Spring-like weather, we finally made it onto the boat for our tour. The driver filled our heads with all sorts of information that I would be hard pressed to remember. What I do remember, though, is what a lovely boat ride with my daughter it was. I am just sorry my son was too ill to accompany us. Here are a few of my photos for your enjoyment.
 








Proof that this is Christmas!
Marriage Isle

I have included my blurry photo of Marriage Isle. I am so sorry the photo is blurry but I love the idea of eloping on this isle, even though a reservation is required to use it, because exchanging vows on this site is supposed to bring your marriage very good luck. I really love romantic myths!

2 comments: