Monday, August 17, 2015

Broken Wall

With my daughter's help, we now have four (out of thirteen) tower walls complete. Two have turrets and two do not. The plan is to glue two sets of two walls together and set them on the front porch, next to each other and appearing all as one unit, to begin drawing attention. When I move the sets of walls off of the porch and into my yard, I will finish sticking them all together into a single unit. It is a good plan and I think I should be able to get the sets of walls off the porch with just the help of one other person (either my roommate or a neighbor).

On the day we planned to glue the first two sets of walls, I was up early. (I am usually up early during the summer months because the sun is out.) So I spent a few hours poking ventilation holes in some of the cans. (By "some," I mean roughly 300.) I must have worn myself out doing that because all my fingers turned into thumbs when it was time to attach the walls to each other.

Here you see a photo of my daughter running a bead of adhesive along one wall of cans. This is the wall that we successfully got to stick to another. As for the other set of walls? What a mess! I couldn't get them to stick together perfectly and wound up breaking a wall in half. -- I bed nobody knew I was strong enough to break a wall in half!

I quit for the day when I broke a wall in half but should have my first two sets of walls standing side by side tomorrow. That is, if they will stand together without toppling over. (Fingers crossed!) I guess we will just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment