Thursday, March 24, 2011

Famous, One Restaurant at a Time

Cici's Pizzata and Breadsticks
Funny story about yesterday at lunch. I went to Cici's Pizza Buffet so that I could write my first Cheap Lunch Review for my new blog, http://cheaplunchreviews.blogspot.com/. This was my fourth visit in about a month and a half to this same restaurant.

My first visit was when Anne went on a date with her boyfriend and I had some time to burn.

During my second visit, if you recall, I persuaded the manager, Brad, to come up to me and ask if I am that author who writes "A Writer's Blot." (Anne did not buy it, but it was a good try.)

On my third visit, I went to dine and write at the same time. I stayed for a little while and gave a very strong warning to the young man who tried to remove a bowl from my table while there was still pizza sauce for dipping my breadsticks in it. I did not notice until I was about to leave that I had been sitting right next to my own autographed oversized postcard on the bulletin board. (My postcard has a big picture of me on it.) That gave me a little chuckle and I came home to tell Anne how I am now even more famous. (She rolled her eyes and contradicted me, of course.)

So yesterday was my fourth visit and I really only went to write a review for my new blog on the under $10 weekday lunch. Honestly, I really did not expect anyone to recognize me from my previous visits. But here is the funny thing. Manager Brad was there. His eyes grew wide and round when he saw me, although he acted very normal. Then later, the table cleaning duty changed hands from a lady to the same young man who was cleaning tables on my third visit.

He smiled bashfully as he approached me to excuse himself for not having recognized me the last time I visited. I have to admit that I am tickled pink. Maybe I should become famous one restaurant at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment